Friday, 2 May 2008
/ 8:12 pm
Update.
I had Geog Mock today. I did the question on tourism. Part B was quite difficult. It was about the integrated resort. Oh well.
Oh. I passed my Chinese "Mid-Year", actually my school didnt have Mid-Year Exams. So they took the results from my Mock. I think I improved this year. Thanks to my teacher. haha. So looking forward to EL Oral Prelim. LOL.
Anyway GTA IV is out. Oh, that's so random! It has hit the highest score ever. 10.0/10.0. Perfect score. Can a game actually reach be 'Perfection' ??
An issue from the Daily Bread:
It's Not A Game
My former neighbour often talked about "the game of life," and I can understand why he did. It's part of human nature to approach life as one big game made up of a lot of little games. Competing can be fun, exciting, and stimulating.
But life is a while lot more than a game
-
-
especially for a follower of Jesus Christ. When a believer needs to own the biggest house, drive the largest SUV, get the promotion first, and win every argument, something's terribly wrong from God's point of view. It's not ring to run over people's feelings, bend or break the rules, and gloat over victories.
To approach life as one big game that you always have to win is to live in hopeless delusion and fantasy. While material possessions, professional success, and personal victories are enjoyable, they last only for this life. Then they're all left behind.
Jesus instructed His disciples to deny themselves, identify with His cross, and follow Him in self-denial, and for some that even meant death (Mark 8:34-35). He made it clear to His disciples that artificial victories in "the game of life" don't count for much. What really counts is what's done for the Lord.
If I have but Jesus, only Jesus
-
Nothing else in all the world beside
-
O then everything is mine in Jesus;
For my needs and more He will provide.
-
Olander
Those who live for God
are the real winners in life.
blogger
JoshuaYeong(:
loved ones
Speak & Listen
View shoutbox
experiences
/ chapters of my life
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
Another post from daily bread.Author Clavin Trilli...
The Difference: Science and God
Saturday, was just great! LIFE was great man! Real...
Wow! It has been a long time since i updated my bl...
The Best Companion
Time to update!I'm having afternoon lessons every ...
A New Year, A New Beginning.Dec 2007Christmas and ...
Here I'm again. Haha. Spent like 2 hours doing the...
Caroling on 20Dec, Thursday was fun! Jon, SK, Derr...
I've gotten back my results..English - 1Maths - 1S...
credits
designer:
dark
degree
icons:
x
x
x
x
archive:
x